Hawkman was the ninth installment of the DC Cinematic Universe, and the second film in Phase Two. The film was directed by James Cameron and was written by Andrew Kreisberg and Greg Berlanti.
- Joe Manganiello as Carter Hall/Prince Khufu/Hawkman
- Michelle Monaghan as Shiera Sanders/Princess Chay-Ara/Hawkgirl
- Jason Momoa as Anton Hastor/Hath-Set
- Josh Duhamel as Ray Palmer
- Creed Bratton as George Emmett
- Mekhi Phifer as Stewart Fraizer
- Jean Reno as Vandal Savage (cameo only)
- David Ginutoli as Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman (archive footage only)
- Josh Brolin as Bruce Wayne/Batman (archive footage only)
- Alexa Davalos as Diana of Themyscira/Diana Prince/Wonder Woman (archive footage only)
- Mike Vogel as Barry Allen/The Flash (archive footage only)
- Sam Claffin as Arthur Curry/Aquaman (archive footage only)
- Taylor Kitsch as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern (archive footage only)
- Idris Elba as J'onn J'onzz/Martian Manhunter (archive footage only)
- Frank Welker as White Martians (archive footage only)
In the days of ancient Egypt, Prince Khufu and his rival, priest Hath-Set were engaged in a duel that costed Khufu and his wife, Chay-Ara, their lives. Years later, the ancient Egyptians are all revived as Carter Hall (Khufu), Shiera Sanders (Chay-Ara), and Anton Hastor (Hath-Set), all living in Midway City. Now an American archaeologist, Carter discovers the sword that slay both him and his wife in Egypt, he regains all his memories of his previous life. Unfortunately for Carter, Anton has already regained his memories and plans to once again kill both Carter and Shiera. After finding Shiera, the two create costumes and weaponry made out of Nth metal and, inspired by the hawk motif of Egyptian god Horus, become known to the public as Hawkman and Hawkgirl, and the two work together to defeat Hath-Set and control their own destinies.
The setting is shown as the American Old West; it shows Carter, under the identity of Hannibal Hawkes. This scene shows that Khufu, Chay-Ara and Hath-Set have been revived multiple times prior to being in the modern world of superheroes, where Carter and Shiera change history and kill Hath-Set. Hannibal is shown in a bar talking to a man. Hannibal says to the man that he and his wife, Cinnamon, are meeting with a man who Hannibal has had "previous issues with (Hath-Set)". The man assures Hannibal that everything will "eventually turn out okay". Hannibal walks away and the man is revealed to be the immortal Vandal Savage.